Close up: Robert Pattinson: the new Peter O’Toole?
Robert Pattinson: the new Peter O’Toole?
Robert Pattinson: looking less vampiric by the day Photograph: Art+Commerce/Nathaniel Goldberg
Unlike David Lean‘s Lawrence of Arabia, which featured an Oscar-nominated performance from Peter O’Toole in the title role, Herzog’s film will be a biopic of the formidable Middle East adventurer Gertrude Bell, often described as “the female Lawrence of Arabia.”
Naomi Watts will be taking the lead role – but is Pattinson a suitable choice to follow in O’Toole’s footsteps? Responses from Guardian readers have ranged from the dismissive to the cautiously optimistic. However, judging by R-Patz’s reticent turn on the celeb circuit this week – see ‘ Robert Pattinson’s press gigs include ice cream, cereal and not much else‘ – he’s got quite a way to go if he’s going to match up to the now–retired screen legend’s rather more hellraising reputation.
- Robert Pattinson to play Lawrence of Arabia (telegraph.co.uk)
- Robert Pattinson to play Lawrence of Arabia (independent.co.uk)
- Robert Pattinson is the new Peter O’Toole (timesunion.com)
- Robert Pattinson Attached to Play Lawrence of Arabia for Werner Herzog (slashfilm.com)
- Robert Pattinson to play Lawrence of Arabia (guardian.co.uk)
- Robert Pattinson – Robert Pattinson To Play Lawrence Of Arabia (contactmusic.com)
- Robert Pattinson Offered Lawrence of Arabia Role in Queen of the Desert (gossipcop.com)
Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a Comment
Tags: David Lean, Gertrude Bell, Lawrence of Arabia, Naomi Watts, Peter O'Toole, Robert Pattinson, T. E. Lawrence, Werner Herzog