Haworth Tompkins / built works
Haworth Tompkins Architects are responsible for the new Shed temporary theatre space on the South Bank in London, which looks a little like a giant upturned table. This Dovecote Studio for Snape Maltings is one of my favourites of their previous projects.
A large north light roof window provides even light for artists, while a small mezzanine platform with a writing desk incorporates a fully opening glazed corner window that gives long views over the marshes towards the sea. The single volume will be used by artists in residence, by musicians as rehearsal or performance space, by staff for meetings or as a temporary exhibition space.
- The Shed (newstatesman.com)
- haworth tompkins: the shed at the national theater, london (designboom.com)
- The Shed (thelondonphile.com)
- The Shed is a new, temporary and recyclable theatre (treehugger.com)
- Star role for The Shed? (telegraph.co.uk)
Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a Comment
Tags: Design, Haworth Tompkins, Haworth Tompkins Architects, london, Royal National Theatre, Snape Maltings, South Bank, Theatre